After pregnancy or for genetic reasons, the lips develop abnormally, causing physical or psychological discomfort in many patients.
This can be corrected by performing Labiaplasty or Nymphoplasty.
The procedure is relatively simple, takes less than an hour and is performed under local anesthesia.
Nymphoplasty is still relatively unknown and often taboo, but it can change and effectively correct the appearance of vaginal lips.
Am I a good candidate for nymphoplasty?
You are a good candidate for nymphoplasty intervention if you suffer from one or more of these signs:
- You are born with deformed, irregular or poorly protected lips.
- The shape or size of your lips has changed with age or after childbirth.
- The measurement of the labia minora exceeds 4cm.
- The labia majora lose their shape (decrease of fat in the region), which makes them lose their original function.
- You are uncomfortable with their appearance.
Nymphoplasty rates : £ 1 800
This package includes: the Surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room, stay at the clinic, drugs, surgeon and anesthesiologist fees, Silicone Gel implants from an European brand, convalescence at the hotel and transfers (Airport / Clinic / Hotel).
Anesthesia : Local / general
Length of stay : 4 days (3 nights): 2 nights at the clinic / 1 night at the hotel
Scar nymphoplasty :There is no scars
Time of absence before returning to work :You can return to work after the first week. Do not exert yourself and keep moderate physical activity for 5 days.
Your surgeon checks the detailed medical history and performs a physical examination to determine your ability to perform surgery. It answers all the questions you may have and explains the results you can get after the operation.
Before the intervention, it is advisable to stop smoking and alcohol at least two weeks before the intervention.
How does nymphoplasty work?
- General (in the case where the patient is sensitive to follow the progress of the surgery under local anesthesia).This surgery involves cutting excess skin around the inner lips. During the lithotomy position, drawings are made to estimate the surplus to be corrected. The skin around the clitoris is not removed so as not to cause loss of sensitivity.The procedure takes less than an hour on average and the hospital stay lasts only one day. The risks are very low and include infections or bleeding.
After the surgery
The postoperative effects are not very painful, even if walking is troublesome the first days.
The recovery period after which you can return to work is relatively short, but physical efforts related to your professional activity must be considered.
The sutures are self-absorbing, there is no thread to remove.
Light clothing, cotton underwear and a skirt are strongly recommended during the first days.
After using the toilet, it is necessary to clean and dry the lips thoroughly. Be sure to dry well after showering to prevent maceration. You can resume sexual activity as soon as the healing process is over, four to six weeks after the operation.
Sport and great efforts are not recommended for the first 6 weeks of healing. The scar, often pink during the first 3 months, gradually fades over 6 to 12 months. This evolution depends on your skin quality.
What are the risks?
A hematoma or bleeding can sometimes be observed and may require a new operation.
Infections can be prevented with strict pre- and postoperative hygiene until complete healing.
A change of sensitivity is possible and can disappear in a few months.
Thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism), the most serious complication, are exceptional and precautions are taken to reduce the risks.
To see also :