Rhinoplasty is a nose surgery that improves the appearance and the proportion of your nose, it also improves the harmony of the face.
It is one of the most requested surgeries in the world for the effects it can have on the psychological state of the patient and his social life.
Nose surgery can also correct respiratory disorders caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
Although the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been modified by an injury or during a previous surgery.
What can nose surgery accomplish?
Rhinoplasty can change:
- The size of the nose, in relation to other facial structures for a harmonious face.
- The width of the nose, at the bridge.
- The profile of the nose, with bumps or visible depressions on the bridge.
- The nasal tip, which can be big, drooping, or too much upwards.
- Nostrils that may be large, wide or overturned.
- Nasal asymmetry
Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?
Nose surgery is an individual decision and you have to do it primarily for yourself and not to satisfy someone else’s desires or try to look like any kind of ideal image.
Rhinoplasty is also one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for teens, although cosmetic surgeons take their time to assess whether a patient, especially if young, is ready for rhinoplasty.
For patients of all ages, it is important to have realistic expectations, be aware that a rhinoplasty can help improve your existing nose, but it cannot bring you “perfection” or give you the nose of someone one else.
You must therefore have specific but realistic goals, taking into account the improvement of your appearance.
Is rhinoplasty advised in my case?
Rhinoplasty is a good option for you if:
- Your facial growth is over and you are 14 years old or older for girls and more than 16 years old for boys.
- You are in good physical health.
Rates : £ 1 940
This package includes: the Surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room, stay at the clinic, drugs, surgeon and anesthesiologist fees, medicines, convalescence at the hotel and transfers (Airport / Clinic / Hotel).
Anesthesia : General
Length of stay : 4 days (3 nights): 2 nights at the clinic / 1 night at the hotel
Scar : No scars.
Time of absence before returning to work :You can return to work after one week. Do not exert yourself and keep moderate physical activity for 15 days.
Before the surgery:
During your preoperative consultation your surgeon will discuss with you the following points:
- Your goals both aesthetic and functional ( For example ,if you have discomfort in your breathing)
- Your general health, your current and past medical allergies and medical treatments.
- What you take as vitamins, herbal supplements …
- Your consumption of alcohol, drug tobacco …
- The surgeries you have suffered in the past.
- Your surgeon will also examine your face, take photos, and discuss with you the options and likely outcomes of your surgery.
- For you this preoperative consultation is the ideal time to ask all your questions to your plastic surgeon in order to have a clear idea of your surgery and the results you can expect.
How is the surgery done?
Rhinoplasty is an individual surgery, and the exact techniques that a cosmetic surgeon will use during an operation will be a little different each time, depending on the patient’s anatomy and the desired changes.
However, here is an idea about the techniques that a surgeon can use:
- Open rhinoplasty:
For “open” rhinoplasty, a small incision is made under the nasal tip between the nostrils.
This technique allows the surgeon to a complete access to nasal structures, where he can sculpt the nose into the desired shape.
This technique is generally the most used approach for patients requiring more extensive remodeling.
The resulting scars are well hidden in the natural contours of the nose so that they are as unobtrusive as possible.
- Closed rhinoplasty:
For “closed” rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nostril. This approach is most commonly used for patients who only need smaller adjustments to the nasal structures in order to achieve the desired result.
The advantage of closed rhinoplasty is that it leaves no apparent scars.
However, this approach may not be suitable for larger rhinoplasty procedures.
- Tip plasty:
A “tip plasty” refers to the remodeling area, rather than the incision techniques. As you may have guessed, tip plasty involves reshaping the nasal tip only, without affecting the other nasal structures. Cosmetic surgeons can use the open or closed approach for the plasty.
After the surgery:
After the surgery, you will spend 2 nights at the clinic and one night at the hotel.
During the first 1-2 weeks, many patients have bruises and swelling.
You may not be able to see results immediately after surgery, but do not worry, the majority of bruising and swelling should disappear after the first 10 to 14 days.
Most patients feel ready to return to work or school after 1 or 2 weeks.
Generally after 3 weeks, most normal non-contact activities can be resumed.
However, limit your activities according to your surgeon’s instructions and do not engage in strenuous activities until you are allowed to do so.
To see also :