What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgery that refines your figure and your body’s proportions by permanently eliminating excess fat in different areas.
This surgery is very effective in removing fat in recalcitrant areas that do not leave despite the efforts of diets and sports.
The area’s most frequently treated with liposuction are: chin, neck, hips, abdomen, arms, inner and outer thighs, knees, ankles and buttocks. Liposuction can also treat Gynecomastia ( Men breast surgery).
This surgery is also used in other cosmetic surgery procedures such as Abdominoplasty, breast reduction and male breast reduction.
For which patients is liposuction indicated?
Liposuction is not a solution for weight loss and should never be considered as such.
It is indicated when the patient is close to his ideal weight and wishes to remove localized and recalcitrant fatty deposits that diets and exercise can not improve.
Liposuction is therefore recommended to eliminate localized excess fat for the following areas:
- The abdomen : A liposuction of the belly
- The saddlebags and the love handles : Liposuction of the hips
- The inner and outer thighs : Liposuction of the thighs
- Greasy bumps above the knee : Liposuction of the knees
This list of indications is not exhaustive. A gluteus release with age is a likely indication for a buttocks liposuction, there are also cases where several areas are concerned at once, and your surgeons will then advise you with a complete liposuction.
Rates : Starting at £ 1 520
This package includes: the Surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room, stay at the clinic, drugs, surgeon and anesthesiologist fees, convalescence at the hotel and transfers (Airport / Clinic / Hotel).
Anesthesia : general
Length of stay : 6 days (5 nights):3 nights at the clinic/2 nights at the hotel
Scar : 1 cm for each area it is almost invisible.
Time of absence before returning to work :You can return to work after one week. Do not exert yourself and keep moderate physical activity for 15 days.
Before the surgery:
At this point you will have a consultation with your surgeon.
In this consultation he will examine the areas of fat that you wish to improve, the elasticity of your skin and your general state of health (a blood test will be requested)
To help the surgeon examine your case, you must give him all the necessary information, for example:
- Your goals from this surgery
- Your history of surgeries (even a cesarean section)
- The drug treatments you are following (a treatment for diabetes, for example)
- The frequency of your consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
During the surgery:
How does a liposuction work ?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves changing body shapes through the elimination of fat. Plastic surgery works by inserting a narrow tube (a cannula) through a small incision into the affected area. The fat cells are divided by saline and removed through the tube.
Scars for liposuction:
The liposuction leaves only a small scar of about 1 cm that corresponds to the incision made by the surgeon to introduce the cannula or tube that serves to suck the fat.
This scar disappears quickly and leaves almost no trace (depending on the case)
After the surgery:
The results will not be visible during the first weeks as there will be swelling and bruising after surgery.
Compression garments will be necessary to contain the skin and prevent its loosening due to the loss of volume caused by the loss of fat.
The results that can be expected after liposuction:
- This will remove stubborn fat pockets that are difficult to remove, even if your diet is healthy and you exercise regularly.
- Liposuction is not only immediately effective, but also the fat cells eliminated or aspirated are not replaced by your body, the results will be sustainable, you can maintain a healthy lifestyle (diet and sports).
- Liposuction can target specific areas of the body to remove fat, including inner and outer thighs, knees, hips, belly, buttocks, chin, waist and back. We thus obtain a better carved and refined body.
To see also :