Breast augmentation is a surgery that increases the volume of the breasts, allowing the patient to have a larger breast and a more feminine and attractive silhouette.
Many patients also indicated that after their breast surgery they felt better about themselves and therefore they felt more confident in their life as a couple even in their professional lives.
This operation is generally very important for women and their social life, that’s why we advise our patients to talk with their surgeon before the operation and make the necessary fittings of the implants before choosing their size. .
Breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the world, and techniques are constantly being perfected to allow women to undergo surgery, recover and resume their daily routine as soon as possible.
Breast augmentation can also help after pregnancy or weight loss that causes a change in the size or firmness of the breasts. Implants can also correct asymmetry or unevenness in breast size caused by developmental issues or breast cancer surgery performed for the opposite breast.
Things to know before choosing a breast implant
Am I an ideal candidate for breast augmentation?
Some of these conditions make you a good candidate for breast augmentation:
- You are concerned about the feeling that your breasts are too small
- Clothing that fits well around your hips is often too big at the bust.
- You feel embarrassed in swimsuits or wearing a tight top
- Your breasts have become smaller and have lost their firmness after childbirth
- Weight loss has changed the size and shape of your breasts
- One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other
Breast augmentation rate : Starting at £ 1 940
This package includes: the Surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room, stay at the clinic, drugs, surgeon and anesthesiologist fees, Silicone Gel implants from an European brand, a compression bra, convalescence at the hotel and transfers (Airport / Clinic / Hotel).
Anesthesia : General
Length of stay : 6 days (5 nights): 3 nights at the clinic / 2 nights at the hotel
Breast augmentation scar : Several forms of scars according to the technique used: Inframammary (Under the breast in the natural fold), Periareolar (Around the nipple), Trans-axillary (Under the armpits). The scars are discreet and disappear almost totally after one year.
Time of absence before returning to work :You can return to work after one week. Do not exert yourself and keep moderate physical activity for 15 days.
What kind of implants?
Our surgeons work with the latest breast implants: cohesive silicone prostheses that give your breasts a nice shape.
Our medical team only chooses cohesive silicone gel implants of European brands and of high quality. Your surgeon will inform you of the mark before your operation and you will be provided with the card of your implants after your operation.
The size of breast implants is usually expressed in DC.
In addition to the size, shape or profile of the breast implant are to be considered
Thus, as an indication, your surgeon will be able to offer you one of the following three profiles for your breast implants:
- A low profile: Large and flat.
- A moderate profile: Narrower and will give a larger projection.
- A high profile: It has a ball shape. It will give more volume in the upper part of the chest.
Before breast augmentation :
Your doctor will want to do a series of tests before your breast augmentation, to make sure you are healthy enough for the surgery.
In general it is necessary to provide a complete blood test and a mammogram (or breast ultrasound), for the elderly an electrocardiogram will be requested.
You will also be advised before your surgery to:
- Stop taking medications that may interfere with your healing. (You must inform your doctor and your surgeon)
- Quit smoking because it decreases the amount of oxygen available throughout your body, which can slow down and complicate your healing process.
- Protect your health before surgery. (Example: If you develop an illness just before surgery, inform your surgeon to avoid the complications of anesthesia).
- Avoid shaving your armpits for at least 48 to 72 hours before your surgery
- Minimize the use of skincare and beauty products
Procedure of the breast surgery : How is the operation going?
Techniques of breast augmentation surgery :
For a little over an hour, this procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia.
Breast implants are normally inserted surgically using, Depending on your anatomy and your desired result, one of the following three incisions: the inframammary (incision below the breast), the peri-areolar (incision in the lower half of the breast). areola), or the Transaxillary (incision in the armpit).
- Inframammary incision.
This involves a short incision made in the fold under the breast, called the inframammary fold. This leaves a thin 3 to 5 cm scar that is easily hidden in the fold. The benefits of this type of incision include a wider access point, allowing a cosmetic surgeon to place larger silicone implants.
The incision is made around the outer edge of the areola, so the resulting scar is located in this natural transition of pigmentation. Cosmetic surgeons will often use this type of incision if they also perform a gentle (mild to moderate) breasts lift at the same time.
This involves a small incision made in the armpit, through which your cosmetic surgeon will place the breast implant using a camera and specialized instruments to ensure optimal placement. This leaves a small scar in the armpit but achieves a breast augmentation without scar on the breast itself.
All these incisions allow the implant to be placed either under the muscle of the chest or on the muscle and under the mammary gland, your surgeon will explain you the best adapted technique for your case.
After your breast augmentation :
What to expect after a breast augmentation ?
You stay 1 or 2 nights in the clinic under the responsibility of doctors and nurses and you should follow their recommendations.
We must also expect some hematomas, swelling and pain that will be alleviated with the painkillers that your surgeon will prescribe
From 1 to 14 days
You wear a special bra (which will be provided) night and day. You can gradually resume normal activity, but do not do anything tiring.
From 2 to 4 weeks
Bruising and bruising will continue to disappear gradually. You can return to work two weeks after surgery. After four weeks, you can begin very light physical exercise, but avoid intense physical exertion for the next two weeks. The appearance of the breasts continues to improve.
From 6 – 9 months
The hematomas disappear completely, the scars begin to fade and disappear.
You can start to evaluate the final result.
Some tips to consider:
- For silicone implants, it is recommended to perform periodic tests (mammography, ultrasound or MRI) to detect fractures or abnormalities, which are very rare.
- Future pregnancies or weight fluctuations can affect your results, and secondary surgery may be necessary to correct the changes that affect you over time.
- Nothing can stop the normal aging process. Over time, the breast tissue will relax, but you can lessen the slackening by wearing bras that are adapted to the shape of your breasts and adequate for your level of physical activity if you do a lot of sports.
To see also :