In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a series of procedures used to treat infertility or genetic problems and assist in the conception of a child.
What are the most common causes of infertility for women?
- A hormonal imbalance: the lining of the uterus develops abnormally, the oocytes do not ripen or are not released, and embryo implantation is hampered.
- Tubal obstruction: caused by inflammation, previous surgery, endometriosis or congenital malformations. In this case, the passage of the oocyte through the fallopian tubes is compromised or impossible.
- Cervical mucus insufficient or hostile to spermatozoa that cannot penetrate.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Hyperprolactinemia: an excessive increase of prolactin in the blood
What are the most common causes of infertility for men?
- A disturbance of spermatogenesis.
- A reduction in the mobility of spermatozoa.
- Disturbances of sperm transport.
- Diseases that affect the whole body (diabetes, thyroid diseases, etc.).
- Sexual dysfunction (caused by paralysis, etc.)
Rate : 2 850 £
This package includes: the Surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room, stay at the clinic, drugs, surgeon and anesthesiologist fees, convalescence at the hotel and transfers (Airport / Clinic / Hotel).
Anesthesia : ∅
Length of stay : 10 days
Scar : No scars
Time of absence before returning to work :You can return to work after one week. Do not exert yourself and keep moderate physical activity for 15 days.
Before in vitro fertilization:
During your consultation with the doctor, you can ask any questions you have, the session lasts about an hour. The doctor studies your results and may request new tests. He informs you about the treatment options and the necessary analyzes once he has made the diagnosis of your case .
During the natural menstrual cycle, many oocytes are developed in a woman’s ovaries. However, only one oocyte matures and is released. Pituitary hormones control ovarian development, maturation and ovum release (ovulation). A doctor carefully monitors hormonal stimulation so that several oocytes are developed and mature. This increases the success rate of the treatment.
After the first consultation, the doctor prepares the treatment plan and prescribes the appropriate medication for the patient. An ultrasound examination of the ovaries and the endometrium is done to determine when the oocytes reach maturity and can therefore be taken. Pharmacological stimulation of the ovaries can be achieved using injections. These doses can be administered in the patient’s home by a doctor, by the patient herself (under the skin) or by her partner.
How is fertilization done in vitro?
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection, or ICSI (Intra CytoplasmicSperm Injection), is an in vitro fertilization procedure in which a single healthy sperm is injected directly into an egg using a thin micropipette. In cases where sperm quality is low or if there are problems with infertility, this is the most appropriate procedure.
What happens after in vitro fertilization?
Three to five days after eggs fertilization, the best quality embryos that have reached an appropriate stage of development are selected for transfer to the patient’s uterus. The implantation of multiple embryos increases the chances of success. This choice as well as the number of embryos must be discussed and decided with the doctor.
You can leave the clinic and travel an hour after the transfer of the embryo. You can have a pregnancy test after 14 days to find out if you are pregnant.
To see also :